Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Purchase of Maps

On January 23 I purchased four topographic maps from the Boulder Map Gallery. Earlier in the week I had obtained a nice map of Boulder county on tear-proof and water-proof “paper”. While this is a beautiful map and quite functional, I wanted something that would allow me to write and draw on it. Enter the U.S. Geological Survey maps. These are a bit dated (I think mine were made in the late 70’s and early 80’s) but I like the look of them. I will have to update some of the roads and trails that don’t appear on these maps, but this is something that will allow me to put the newest map to good use as a cross reference. I have Boulder county, Larimer county north and south, and Jefferson county north. This should cover the majority of my rides this spring.

No comments: